Why Don't You..Schedule a Yearly Tune-Up for your Lawnmower?

Keeping your lawnmower in good working order will cut emissions by up to 50 percent and reduce fuel consumption by 30%. Most local hardware or home improvement stores offer lawnmower tune-up services.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Physical Book vs E-Book: Where do you weigh in?

Having a room like this in my house would be a dream come true!
For a few years now I have known people with Kindle's and now the Barnes and Noble Nook Book. And I keep saying "it's just not the same, and not even close." I came across this article and find that I relate to it in many ways. First I am the crazy aunt that always buys books for my nieces and nephew (and I'm okay with that!) and second: I think real books are King. I love the weight of the book, the feel and smell of the pages, the comfort of the way it fits in my hands or on my lap while I'm snuggled up in a blanket and a cup of warm coffee.

I know e-books are greener and better for the environment; but I can't make the transition. I do love the idea that you can hold dozens or even hundreds of books in one little piece of equipment (as I am also a major collector of books). Equally I love the way my books look all lined up on my bookshelves. Many of those books carry amazing memories with them as well. Seeing them sitting there watching me reminds me of those great times.

I have tried reading books on my ipad a few times and just couldn't get into it. I purposely tried reading books I already loved and could read over and over again so I couldn't blame the "bad experience" on the possibility of a bad book. I want to love it because it is in line with so many of my values (green, holds lots, etc), but I just can't make it work.

Where do you weigh in on this issue? and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment